Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Write clean, maintainable performance code ensuring data is flowing smoothly between source and destination
- Comfortable transforming, normalizing and merging multiple sources of data in both batch and streaming environments.
- Build pipelines that feed data scientists with data: Develop and manage extraction tools, wrap the data, and send it forward in the data pipeline. Correct, transform and enrich the data. Quickly and efficiently load bulk data.
- Work tightly with the broader data science and software teams to identify the path to a successful product
- Strengthen the team by facilitating the adoption of processes that will allow us to work faster and hire exceptional teammates
- Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and demonstrated front-end experience required. Computer science, engineering, or equivalent undergraduate and graduate degrees are preferred, though not strictly required necessary
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in ETL Data Engineering
- Expert knowledge of Python. Expert knowledge of database software (SQL + variants, MongoDB) and distributed computing (i.e. Hadoop, Spark) are strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Node.js, Flask, Express, micro services with containers, and .NET are strong pluses
- Familiarity with common tools for machine learning (i.e. Tensorflow, Theano, Torch) and general scientific computing are pluses
- Knowledge of software team management philosophies (e.g. Agile, Scrum) and various product management/software development tools (e.g., JIRA, Trello, etc.) are pluses
- Clear, demonstrable evidence of exceptional productivity and performance in competitive environments
- Strong sense of urgency and proactiveness
- Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize work independently, and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with technical teams, cross-functional teams, and staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and lead and facilitate large working sessions with all levels of staff and across various stakeholder groups
- Demonstrates strong evidence of algorithmic and structured thinking, with an intuition for logic, pattern matching, what-if analysis, problem decomposition and synthesis.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and incorporate complex systems requirements into product features and prioritize features effectively