Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support CCDS infrastructure including data interfaces, processing pipelines and general programming tasks.
- Work directly with business owners and application/informatics development groups as a member of their team in design, testing, implementation, debugging, problem analysis, recovery and documentation pipelines—owning the pipeline from idea to support. In conjunction, the project owner provides project management of active projects. Participate in architecting and designing pipeline systems and services that are sustainable and extensible.
- Analyze and resolve customer and technical problems in developed/implemented systems.
- Analyze results and implement changes to improve performance, processing and utilization of computing resources. Provide break/fix support, setup/installation support, escalation support, and solutions support.
- Develop and maintain system documentation as well as training and reference materials for the community using wiki and knowledge management tools.
- Administer Windows, Linux, UNIX, and web applications as appropriate.
- Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree a plus.
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Working knowledge of at least two scripting or object oriented languages: .NET, JAVA, PHP, Python, Perl, R, UNIX shell scripting, with proven ability to quickly learn others.
- 4+ years of experience with development and management of web applications and servers (JBOSS, Tomcat, Eclipse) in a database environment on Windows and Unix/Linux systems
- 2+ years of experience supporting informatics systems in a biological, medical, or basic science research and development environments.
- Knowledge of Relational Database Systems--Oracle / Microsoft SQL Server / Postgres / MySQL—and developing/understanding relational database structures and query language (SQL).
- Experience supporting related components of 3rd-party and open-source applications.
- Excellent project management skills (ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements) with a strong commitment to customer service
- Must be capable of contributing within a team, exhibit a high level of initiative, and have an eagerness to learn new technologies
- Ability to effectively translate business requirements to functional requirements
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with diverse, cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization